1. CAN THEY TELL YOU ABOUT THEIR PREVIOUS CLIENTS?: You would prefer to hire a marketing company that has served a client within your industry. It leaves you with the confidence that they have an idea what your business entails. You have sales goals to achieve making it necessary that you hire one that knows what to do from the word go.
2. WILL THEY HELP YOU SET AND ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS?: What is important to you is for your business to achieve its set goals. You will need to know how they can use lead generation, among other things to help you achieve your goals.
3. WHAT IS THEIR YARDSTICK FOR MEASURING RETURN ON INVESTMENT?: For you to be rest assured that you are running a successful marketing campaign, the marketing company needs to explain to you how they intend to measure your Return On Investment.
4. WHAT DID YOU LIKE OR HATE ABOUT THE LAST ORGANIZATION THAT WORKED FOR YOU?: This question is important if you have worked with a marketing company before. By answering the question, you would be able to know the things you need to look out for in this new marketing which you intend to hire.
5. HOW VERSATILE IS THE COMPANY?: This answers the question of whether the marketing company specializes in one aspect of digital marketing, for instance, or if it can take care of all your marketing needs.
6. HOW MUCH WORK WILL BE OUTSOURCED?: If you learn that they are not the one-stop-shop for all of your marketing needs, then you need to know how much of the work would need to be outsourced.
7. WHO WOULD BE YOUR CONTACT PERSON?: Since you are going to work with them for a while until the contract you have with them expires, you would need to know the person who would be working on your project so you can constantly keep in touch with the person or group.
8. DOES THE CONTACT MATCH YOUR PERSONALITY?: It works best if your contact person or group share the same similarities with you.
9. WHAT ARE THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS THEY USE?: It should not stop at knowing the person or group that would be working on your project, you should also know what kind of project management tools they use.
10. WHAT MARKETING SOFTWARE IS THEIR SPECIALTY?: There are various marketing Softwares available and you probably use one presently. If you do not wish to change it, find out if they are conversant with it.
11. HOW OFTEN WOULD YOU MEET?: You would agree on the number of times you would meet the group to get feedbacks on your project.
12. WHAT MEETING FORMAT WOULD YOU ADOPT?: Depending on the distance, you would determine if you would hold the meetings over the phone or in person.
13. HOW MUCH OF MY TIME WOULD YOU NEED? If there would be a need for constant approvals and you are too busy for that, you may need to delegate to someone else in your organization. This is why you need to know in advance how much of your time would be needed.
14. WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF THE CONTRACT?: You should be realistic with the time you expect to start seeing a return on investment. There would need to be a serious commitment between you and the marketing company in order to achieve your long-term goals.
15. WHAT DO YOU GET FOR HAVING A CONTRACT WITH THEM?: You would love to know if there are things they give you as bonus for having a contract with them.
Your free consultation with the marketing company you eventually hire would afford you the opportunity to ask these very important questions.